St. Louis County Courts Division 7
Floor: 3 North
Mary Elizabeth Ott
Civil and Criminal
Judge Mary Elizabeth Ott was appointed Circuit Judge in February of 2018. She had served as an associate circuit judge since 2008.
Judge Ott received her undergraduate degree from Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, IN and her law degree from Saint Louis University.
Before her appointment to the bench, Judge Ott spent 22 years in private practice where she specialized in criminal defense work and family law.
While on the bench, Judge Ott has presided over hundreds of trials. In 2013, the Supreme Court of Missouri appointed Judge Ott to serve on the Committee on Criminal Instructions and Procedures. She is an adjunct professor for the Washington University School of Law.
She has served as a board member for Cardinal Ritter Institute, Friends of Heritage House, and the Progressive Youth Center.
Judge Ott is a member of the Missouri Bar, St. Louis County Bar Association, Missouri Association of Probate & Associate Court Judges and Women Lawyers' Association.
She lives in St. Louis County.
DIVISION 7 SCHEDULE - EFFECTIVE 10/21/2019 DIV 7 WILL BE USING ACUITY FOR ALL MOTIONS TO BE SCHEDULED.
ALL DATES MUST BE CLEARED WITH THE CLERK PRIOR TO SCHEDULING.
1) Monday - Initiated Criminal Cases; Jury/Bench Trials commence Monday mornings.
2) Tuesday - Status Conference's (LIMITED SETTINGS); Continuation of Jury/Bench Trials.
3) Wednesday - Status Conference's (LIMITED SETTINGS); Continuation of Jury/Bench Trials.
4) Thursday - Morning: Civil Cases (Case Management, Settlement Conference, Quick Motions); Afternoon: Probation Revocation Docket @ 1:30 p.m.
5) Friday - Morning: Criminal: Status Conference, Plea's & Sentencing; Afternoon: As needed for longer Civil and Criminal Motions.