St. Louis County Courts Division 21
Floor: 3 North
Nancy Watkins McLaughlin
Civil and Criminal
Nancy Watkins McLaughlin was appointed circuit judge in January, 2016, by Gov. Jeremiah W. "Jay" Nixon.
Judge McLaughlin graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a Bachelor of Arts in history in 1978. She received her law degree in 1981 from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
She served as the law clerk to the Hon. David J. Dixon, Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, from 1981 to 1982. She was engaged in the private practice of law prior to her appointment as associate circuit judge in 2014.
In 2017, Judge McLaughlin was appointed to serve on the Civil Justice Commission of the Supreme Court of Missouri. She previously served on the Missouri Public Defender Commission and the Missouri Sentencing Advisory Commission.
She is a member of the American Bar Association, National Conference of State Trial Judges (MO), Missouri Bar, Women Lawyers' Association, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis and the St. Louis County Bar Association
Judge McLaughlin lives in St. Louis County with her family.
DIVISION 21 SCHEDULE - EFFECTIVE 1/1/2020 DIV 21 WILL BE USING ACUITY FOR ALL MOTIONS TO BE SCHEDULED.
1) Monday - Jury/Bench Trials commence Monday mornings at 9:00.
2) Tuesday - Status Conferences (LIMITED SETTINGS); Continuation of Jury/Bench Trials.
3) Wednesday - Status Conferences (LIMITED SETTINGS); Continuation of Jury/Bench Trials.
4) Thursday - Morning: Pending Criminal Matters at 9:00 am; Afternoon: Probation Revocation Matters at 1:30 pm.
5) Friday - Civil Motions at 8:30 am.