The St. Louis County Circuit Court is comprised of twenty-one (21) Circuit Judges, fourteen (14) Associate Circuit Judges and eight (8) Commissioners. Each judge and commissioner is assigned to a specific division, except for the Probate Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner.
Click a button below to view Judge/Commissioner by:
Honorable Margaret T. Donnelly
Circuit Judge, Division 20
Margaret Donnelly was appointed circuit judge in August, 2016, by Gov. Jeremiah W. "Jay" Nixon. She was a St. Louis County Family Court commissioner from 2013 until her appointment as circuit judge.
Judge Donnelly holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Social Work degrees from Saint Louis University, and graduated cum laude from Saint Louis University School of Law in 1988.
From 1988 to 2009, she was engaged in the private practice of law. She served in the Missouri Legislature as a state representative for District 73 from 2003 to 2009, and was the Director of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services from 2009 to 2012.
Judge Donnelly has been honored for service by the Missouri Judicial Conference and Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. She received the Women's Justice Citizenship Award, St. Louis Children's Hospital Advocate of the Year award, and Paraquad Disability Rights Legislative Leadership Award.
She is a member of the Missouri Bar, St. Louis County Bar Association, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Women Lawyers' Association and Mound City Bar Association.
Judge Donnelly lives in St. Louis County with her family.
A. Division 20 Hearings, Motions and Settlement Conferences
1. Contested trials are held in person.
2. Settlement conferences are held remotely by conference line. The conference line number for Division 20 is: 314-207-6148; Password: 717932#. If the attorneys or self-represented parties wish to use WebEx or meet in person for a conference, they should send that request to the Court. See WebEx instructions below.
3. Both testimonial and non-testimonial motions are done using WebEx. See WebEX instructions below.
B. Adult Abuse Docket
1. Beginning with the docket of February 3, 2022 the Adult Abuse docket will be held in person beginning at 9:00AM every Thursday. All cases are set for 9:00AM
1. Settlement Conferences: First time settlement conferences are scheduled using Acuity with a Notice of Conference being efiled. The attorney scheduling the conference should be sure to include the conference line telephone number on the notice of conference: 314-207-6148; Password: 717932#. As a courtesy to the court, if the other party is self represented the attorney setting the conference should include any email or telephone information they have in addition to a mailing address on the notice.
2. Motion Hearings: Both testimonial and non-testimonial motions are heard on Thursday afternoons between 1:30-3:30 via WebEx. See instructions for WebEx below. The motions should be scheduled using Acuity with a Notice of Hearing being efiled. If a settlement conference on a case is already scheduled, a party can schedule a non-testimonial hearing at that time after giving proper notice and efiling. If the motion is heard at the same time as the settlement conference, then the conference line will be used. See the conference line instructions above.
3. Default Hearings: Defaults are heard on Thursday afternoons at 3:30 via WebEx. See WebEx instructions below. An attorney can select any Thursday, giving proper notice to the party in default and efiling the Notice. If the default is being set on a date in less than three weeks, please also notify the clerk
4. Attorney Withdrawals: Withdrawals are heard on Thursday mornings at 8:30AM via WebEx. See WebEx instructions below.
The attorney should set the date, give proper notice to the client in compliance with the local rule and then efile the Notice. If the hearing is being set on a date in less than three weeks, please also notify the clerk.
5. TRO's: If an attorney has a TRO, they should email the judge and the clerk and notify them that they wish to have it heard with or without notice pursuant to the Rule. The Court will contact the attorney with instructions as to how to proceed.
Do not include the TRO as an attachment until receiving instructions from the Court.
6. General Instructions for Scheduling: If you have an emergency or questions about any of the above, please call the clerk at: 314-615-1520
You may join Division 20 proceedings by entering the Courtroom via Webex by:
* URL: https://mocourts.webex.com/meet/vcdiv20mtg
* Meeting Number: 146 566 3289 (www.webex.com and "join" the meeting)
* Join by phone: +1-408-418-9388 (tolls apply); You must enter Meeting Number: 146 566 3289
FOR ALL HEARINGS AND CONFERENCES RECORDING IS PROHIBITED
Recording or creating images of any portion of Court proceedings is strictly prohibited by the Missouri Supreme Court, by Local Rule 9.5, and by standing Order of this Division.