Domestic Relations Department
The Domestic Relations Department is comprised of several programs aimed at assisting parents and children involved with:
- Dissolution of marriage (divorce),
- Paternity proceedings and
- Orders of Protection in the St. Louis County Courts.
- The State Prosecuting Attorney’s Child Support Docket
- Unrepresented litigants seeking a divorce or paternity judgment
Domestic Relations Services (DRS) mediators help parents minimize the traumatic effect of divorce and separation upon children. In divorce, separation, paternity, family access or adult abuse matters, Family Court judges may refer parents to DRS for assistance in developing parenting plans.