Americans with Disabilities ACT (ADA) Accommodations

Recognizing the need for assistance in the area of equal access in Missouri trial courts, the Access to Justice Program provides the following services to the Courts:

Accommodating a Person with a Disability

The Americans with Disabilities Act is a comprehensive civil rights law for people with disabilities that became effective July 26, 2000. The United States Department of Justice enforces the requirements of Title II addressing programs, services and activities of state and local government. Missouri’s courts strive to make the courts’ programs and services accessible for all. Visit the ADA home page on the United States Department of Justice website for more information.

The Access to Justice Program assists courts in providing full community access to programs in existing facilities and provides guidance in planning new construction and renovations. The program also provides guidance to the courts in providing auxiliary aids and services for persons requesting an accommodation for their disability.

By statute, courts shall provide, based on expressed needs, auxiliary aids or services to interpret any proceeding for a person who is deaf or hard of hearing (Section 476.753, RSMo). This includes a person who is a party, juror, witness, spectator, or a juvenile whose parent, guardian or foster parent is deaf or hard of hearing if the juvenile is brought to any court proceeding.

To request an accommodation for court programs, activities, or services, please contact the person indicated on this page. Please provide enough notice so the Court can provide the accommodation.

In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), the Missouri Office of State Courts Administrator will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.

ADA Forms for St. Louis County Circuit Court

Please note the ADA Request for Accommodations, ADA Grievance Procedure and ADA Grievance Form have been replaced pursuant to Administrative Order 27.

Request for ADA Accommodations - Use this form to request special accommodations for your disability.

ADA Grievance Form - Use this form to file a complaint regarding ADA discrimination.

Motion for Order to Appoint Interpreter - Use this form to file a motion to have an interpreter appointed.